BlueFlower

BlueFlower
I really like to play with photography.

12.26.2006

Soon to be in Sync

Hey there,

So if you don't know what the title means, you may want to stp reading now. If you're curious but realize you might not understand it, continue reading.
I am now one step closer to locking my audio recording gear to Video Blackburst! It will be a momentous occasion! Basically, it means the things I record will be going the same speed as video. I've been waiting for this day for a very long time because my system is becoming more and more 'elite' as time goes on; it's getting more complex and I like that! Complex means my mind gets to work some more and I actually have to think about things. Like making sure projects are running with the right timecode and sync reference, routing the sync and timecode through all the gear, making sure devices are slaved to the external source and aren't referencing their speed internally and yeah. Good times. I may sound crazy, but i actually MISS working with timecode and sync. The last time i did it, I spent all day trying to capture on-set dialogue into Pro-tools HD with the TC stamp we gave it while on-set. You wouldn't think audio engineering would fry your brain but by the end of the day i couldn't function at all; The only thing I could do was sit and veg. in front of a movie.
Yes, I'm looking forward to the day i face those challenges again! Woohooo!
TTYL
Greg

No comments: