BlueFlower

BlueFlower
I really like to play with photography.

12.16.2007

A question that challenges

Before I go into this, to lessen the impact a bit let me ask this one question first "Why would Christ not want it for us?" The context of this question will become all too clear as you continue to read.
I have some more stuff to say concerning the post "The Sum of What I have learned" but I'll write that tomorrow. The following is something I've felt for a long time but it was kept on the backburner until the revelation that for mature Christians, obedience becomes a part of our nature and not something we attain to accomplish, came about. You must prepare yourselves, because the idea that I am about to present is considered (that i know of) as heresy by practically every denomination of christiandom today and I am scared to death in presenting it to the world. You see, the natural, -and albeit revolutionary, unorthodox and unconventional- conclusion the previous revelation brings me to is that Christians will not go on sinning until the day we die. Please, don't throw the stones yet, just hear me out.

You see, I believe if we continue to press into Him, we won't go on sinning until the day we meet Him. I can't remember his full name (stephen...?), but he was one of the first guys to ever question the Catholic church; He walked up to his church's door one day with a hammer and a whole list of qestions that totally went against common belief and nailed the list to the door. For me, I ask the question "Why? Why do we have to go on sinning until the day we meet God?" And not one person has ever been able to give me a credible answer. I'm not saying that by myself I will be able to stop sinning, I can't do this on my own stregnth at all! In fact, if I did say that I could attain this on my own, I would indeed be falling into the realm of heresy. All I'm saying is that with Christ in me, He can bring it about so that I couldn't boast. How could I boast if it's a work He does in me? If I pay you to do a drawing for me, the drawing becomes mine but I cannot boast over it because I did not draw it, it's the same in this case; I am not the one doing the working, Christ is, so I cannot boast or lord it over people. And why couldn't he? A better question is, why wouldn't He? If I really wanted Him to help me stop, Why would He deny me? I am reminded of the verse "And what father, when a child asks for something good, would turn that child down? So it is with the Father in Heaven, when you ask of Him, He will not turn you down." I can't remember where that is and I know Christ was saying it in regards to the Holy Spirit, but the concept here is the same. Why would God turn us down if we asked Him to help us stop sinning? WHY do we HAVE to go on sinning until the day we meet Him in heaven??????????? Right now, these are just questions that I am asking, but be warned, I've looked at every angle and I can't see any way of answering my first question at the top of the page in regards to this matter that doesn't go against even one single thing the Bible tells me of Christs character and until someone can, I will hold onto this belief. Like I said, not so that I can boast and say that I am perfect, because as my own entity I am not perfect! The only way I am made Holy, Blameless and perfect is through Christ and Christ alone; without His working in my life I can attain nothing. Indeed, I attain nothing anyways! Christ attains it for me.
That's my stance and unless you can come to me and explain why God, who hates all sin, wouldn't want to help us to put sin behind us forever IN THIS LIFE, then don't bother trying to convince me. No amount of Bible verses can convince me, I've heard them all on the subject and quite frankly, none are very clear on the matter at all! In my opinion, they've just been interpreted very poorly.
When I hear and see people living out this lie, that we will go on sinning until we meet Christ in Heaven, I see and hear people who (mostly unknowingly for all three) long for and desire to live in a constant state of mediocrity, people that don't want all that God has to offer them and don't truly want to let go of their sinfulness, and a people who don't believe that Christ came to abolish sinfulness in sinful man and make us full saints. That's my argument and I am sticking to it.
God Bless!
YFTCF
Gregory

No comments: