BlueFlower

BlueFlower
I really like to play with photography.

12.16.2007

The Wisdom of God...?

So the other day I promised you to continue some more on the discussion about the sum of what I have learned. You see, something bothered me. I know on the one issue I am dead accurate, that our obedience to the law of God flows not from our own effort, but as we grow in relationship with Chirst, it some that is just natural; we obey by default because His Character is now our own. But when I concluded that this made knowing what is considered as being wrong by God's standards wasn't even necessary, I didn't quite like the thought because it seemed under developed. It was a natural conclusion i made myself and not something I really felt the Lord was telling me, so I was naturally hesitant. So in that, I began to search for the truth and in that search i came across one question that needs to be answered before anything else. That question is this: What is God's Wisdom? The Bible says that we should seek and press in for the Wisdom of God. What is His Wisdom? Is His Wisdom in knowing the difference between right and wrong? Or is that the wisdom we as man attribute to his character because we are limited in how we percieve Him? The answer to this question could very well lie in the answer of another, being, How does God view good and evil? What is His perception on the matter? Again, we can be certain that it is quite different than the perception we attribute to Him having and the answer may be simpler than we think. Reason with me. If God is Love, then we can also say that He is Good. When we are in relationship with Him, we exist inside that Goodness at all times. The Bible also says that He is the sustenance of our lives and the lives of all creation; without His hand and His Goodness in the world at all times, every creature would quickly enter a great spiral downward into oblivion. If He is the sustenance of our lives, and God is completely Good and Loving, His Goodness is what sustains us. Now to steal an idea from an e-mail I got a long time ago about a professor who was rebuked by a student when he suggested that God created death. You see, darkness is simply the absence of light, darkness doesn't exist, what exists is simply an absence of light which is interpreted by us as 'darkness'. In just the same way, death does not exist as it's own entity, death is simply the absence of life. So what then is evil? Evil, in all purposes of the term, does not exist. There is only Goodness and the absence of goodness, which is interpreted as 'evil'. So, as the Bible says, God is good, and in Him there can no evil be found; He is the definition of the term 'Goodness'. So what then is goodness? How do we define the term without running into our intrinsic limitations we have as humans? That is a tough question and I will leave it alone. What I wiil say is that the key lies in what I said earlier, God is the definition of Goodness; He is Goodness. When we are in Him we know goodness, and when we sperate ourselves from Him, we remove ourselvs from His goodness, and where goodness is lacking, evil is present. Some would say that evil does exist because satan is Evil. But if you remember, all creation finds Goodness in God, that includes angels, because they were also created like us. Satan removed himself from God's goodness and is in a complete and constat state of lacking goodness. This is where things now get hazy and I will end shortly. COuld God's wisdom be this? That He knows not the difference between good and evil, that is, being seperate entities, but He knows the difference of living in His goodness and trying to live apart from His Goodness. Essentially, God's wisdom is not a list of right and wrong things, not a list of "Thou shalt not" or "Thou shalt" but His wisdom is simply in understanding the difference between living in Goodness or living apart from Goodness; living in relationship with Him or living in independence from Him. How this fits in with understanding what is right and wrong is as of yet, a little unclear to me, but I'm still praying about it.
God Bless
Greg

No comments: