BlueFlower

BlueFlower
I really like to play with photography.

8.21.2006

A Beautiful Warrior: Explained

Hey friends,

So this is an explanation of the poem below. I wrote thi poem about someone i met back in January and she was and is still the most amazing person I've met in my life. Only now she has a boyfriend. When i let her first read the poem, she didn't have a boyfriend but I still think the meaning was lost on her and everyone else. Besides the obvious, where I realized that I'm not perfect, she's not perfect (in the literal sense, being her, but also in the sense that all women aren't perfect) and we will never be perfect, there's a line i would like to draw attention to. "But I am seperated from her in both time and space." The 'her' here is literal, being the person i wrote the poem about, not women in general. Here's the rub, despite everything I've come to feel, there are certain things that I just know, and i knew when i wrote this poem that my path and her path were going 2 very different ways and to have her companionship would be impossible. Some would call me foolish to let my feelings grow so much if i knew it were impossible, but if you knew me, I don't regard such things as foolishness and I give love a chance no matter what happens. So yeah, as happens with a lot of things, I think the full meaning of this poem was lost on everyone who read it.
TTYL
Gregory

No comments: