BlueFlower

BlueFlower
I really like to play with photography.

8.14.2006

Poem: A Beautiful Soldier


A Beautiful Soldier

We are surrounded by a valley

Its trees are dispersed in a random pattern and

The waterfall shines like a cascade of mirrors.

In the silver moonlit night, its rumble only adds

To the beauty that now encircles our encampment.

And then I see her, a warrior.

I see her by the fire; her dark hair hangs loosely down her back

And the flickering light is cast upon her face.

The orange glow accenting her fair complexion

Also provides a reprieve from the night's bitter chill.

I cry, because my desire is to have her companionship

But I am separated from her in both time and space

And with greatest reluctance, I turn away and approach the waterfall,

The rumbling cascade drowning out the din of everything else.

I saw, etched deep into her face, a mighty dedication,

A strong devotion to the Christ Messiah

And I begin to wonder where my own heart lies.

Peering into the silver cascade of mirrors

I catch a glimpse of my broken reflection...

Then the sound of light footsteps breaks my concentration

And I turn, startled to find her smiling at my side.

My breath is still as our attention shifts back to the waterfall

And my eyes see a mystifying thing;

There, within the silver moonlit cascade

Lay the mirrored images of two broken reflections.

No comments: